Monday, September 13, 2010

Princess and the frog Cakes

This years for the Twins birthday I decided to go simple on the cakes, making one simple sheet cake and two mini tier cakes.
I had they're invite picture printed out on edible paper. Made Flowers from fruit slice candies.
To make flowers, roll out candy's with a rolling pin and sugar to create the shape of the flower.
--------------------------------------------
I started the sheet cake with white cake, frosted with white butter cream. Placed the Edible Picture in the middle of the sheet cake. Gave it a purple butter cream border. Then I covered the white with Wilton blue sparkle gel, to give the cake a wavy water look. Then pipped ivy around the border of the cake, in green butter cream. Then placed on the flowers I made and the toys. Very simple and easy.
Each girl had her own mini 3 tier cake. Frosted in butter cream and decorated with edible gold beads and sprinkles. I tried to give the cakes a mardi gras look from the movie.




No comments:

Post a Comment