Thursday, September 16, 2010

Macaron test run

To be honest when I first looked over the Macaron recipe I was very intimidated by it. It seemed to be very temperamental.... and IT WAS!!! As soon as I pipped them out on the cookie sheet I knew I had over mixed! But that's why this was a test run.
=-P


The first were pipped on to parchment paper


These were pipped onto a silicon mat




Fresh out of the oven!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I baked the Macaron's on different surfaces (silicon mat and parchment paper) to see which one would give the best end result. The Macaron on the left side of the picture were baked on a silicon mat, they held a good shape and had a gooey center. The Macaron on the right was baked on parchment paper, most of these (not all) became hollow and lopsided.

The texture around the sides of the macaron should be smooth in appearance, and not have an overflowing rough appearance like the macaron above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well all Macaron recipes are tricky, but they didn't come out so bad for my first attempt. I will try again to see if I can prefect it!

Love, Mommy & Rhi

1 comment: