Saturday, July 31, 2010

Cross Cupcakes

Cross cupcakes for Aiden's Baptism. I realized I really need to find a foolproof butter cream recipe cause in making these cupcakes I tried 3 different butter cream recipes and i still didn't get the consistency I wanted. The first was with salted butter and I didn't care for the taste, so I made another one with margarine but it was to runny, the last one I tried was with Crisco but it wasn't smooth enough. Anyone have and butter cream recipes to share?

I made the chocolate crosses a few days before with vanilla melting candy wafers in light and dark blue I pipped the design in to small cross molds and let them sit in the fridge for a minute. After that then I used melting chocolates, milk chocolate and white chocolate. I melted the chocolate and poured it into the same small cross molds and let them sit in the fridge for 5 minutes. Then ta da! They are chocolate cake, with white butter cream icing, baked in foil baking cups.


I should have taken a picture before people started taking them off the tray. But thank you Vicky for letting me use your camera

No comments:

Post a Comment